It will soon be Easter once again so I have revived my Hot Cross Bun recipe for you
Yes it’s that time of the year when we celebrate Easter with Hot Cross Buns on Good Friday followed by Easter Eggs on Easter Sunday and Simmel Cake on Easter Monday.
So without further ado here is your recipe so you can have them tomorrow hot from the oven.
For the dough
- 450g strong white flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 x 7g sachets easy-blend yeast
- 50g caster sugar …I use natural golden sugar.
- 150ml warm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- oil, for greasing
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt…ordinary salt is ok.
The spices and dried fruit
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 100g currants
- Optional: Orange or lemon zest.
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar.
Put the flour, yeast, castor sugar and 1 tsp salt into a large mixing bowl with the…
View original post 476 more words