Authentic Thai Green Curry
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes or if you prefer and they are much tastier then use thighs or a leg cut into two…I normally use legs and allow 2 pieces per person which means I normally have some left over for another day…
- 6 Thai eggplants. cut into quarters……They are the larger ones in the pictures.
- sm bunch small egg-plant ( optional) Pea-like size in above Picture.
- 5/6 stems of Thai sweet basil (pick of leaves)
- Large can or two sm cartons of coconut milk or fresh from the market if you are lucky like me
- 10 straw mushrooms quartered or use button mushroom.
Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
Enjoying life in The Land Of Smiles I am having so much fun researching, finding new, authentic recipes both Thai and International to share with you. New recipes gleaned from those who I have met on my travels or are just passing through and stopped for a while. I hope you enjoy them.
I love shopping at the local markets, finding fresh, natural ingredients, new strange fruits and vegetable ones I have never seen or cooked with. I am generally the only European person and attract much attention and I love to try what I am offered and when I smile and say Aroy or Saab as it is here in the north I am met with much smiling.
Some of my recipes may not be in line with traditional ingredients and methods of cooking but are recipes I know and have become to love and maybe if you dare to try you will too. You will always get more than just a recipe from me as I love to research and find out what other properties the ingredients I use have to improve our health and wellbeing.
Exciting for me hence the title of my blog, Retired No One Told Me! I am having a wonderful ride and don’t want to get off, so if you wish to follow me on my adventures, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the ride also and if it encourages you to take a step into the unknown or untried, you know you want to…….Then, I will be happy!
Until next time when it will be No More Diets…Enjoy your day xxx