Man thanks to Brigid from Watching the Daisies for nominating me for this award it was very kind of you Brigid…Brigid’s posts which feature her lovely garden in bloom always make me smile and remember how lovely the spring, summer and autumn blooms are…
We really only have two seasons here a high season and rainy season although as it is tropical the vegetation is always lush and green…
The rules of the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- If you are nominated, Congratulations you have been awarded the Versatile blogger award!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
- Select 10 -15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Seven things about me!
- England was my home and I lived in the same house for all my childhood my parents didn’t move until they retired. I am the eldest of three girls…Always a rebel at heart, my dad was a strict disciplinarian my mother a kind, gentle soul who probably wondered where I came from and maybe thought I was left under the gooseberry bush…Haha
- Don’t ask me why as I really don’t have an answer but I started my adult life after completing 2 years at Tottenham Technical College in London training to be a hairdresser. Maybe it was my exhibitionist streak as my hair was all colours and styles as I was always the model in competitions…and the first to get Biba’s latest fashions…My dear mum was probably still wondering where I came from…Also, Marlene Dietrich was my idol at that time…However that wasn’t my first job as I found perms and the like very boring…
- Office work it was and then I married…While my children were young I worked at the local Hospital and that I did enjoy…The Mental Health Unit and Special care/Maternity…From one end of the spectrum to the other…I have never been squeamish or nervous so I think that had a bearing on both of those and I learnt much…From there I went into hotel work which I thoroughly enjoyed…Weddings and Conferences…I loved it… hours as and when required depending on the size of the party…We hosted pop stars when Knebworth was on …Status Quo, Robert Plant, Rod Stewart they were the most memorable and regular guests…
- Banking followed that and during that time ( 15 years) I studied Law and gained my banking degree, I then became ill after my surgery and convalescence I decided I wanted a change and went into local government…Oh, boy was that an eye opener… I worked closely with politicians and companies in my role and was that an eye opener…It seemed that every meeting I went to I met a certain arrogant politician never sure whether that meant I was going upwards or downwards in my career…Karma came when they lost the local elections and he came to sign on…He was rude and arrogant to my staff who called for me when he demanded to see a manager… I took great pleasure in telling him (politely) of course that it was his government who made the rules and if he wanted to claim a benefit those were the hoops he had to jump through…Funnily he did not pursue his claim…Karma methinks!
- Sadly at that time, my eldest daughter was diagnosed with cancer…15 years later she is a survivor. However, when treatment finished it meant that I also had to honour a promise I had made to her to join her and complete a marathon ( 26.2) miles in the aid of cancer…We did it my one and only marathon but I did it…
- Time to retire to Thailand and I started writing, realised my dreams which were so long in the making then had some short stories published in two Anthologies and blog as you know…I also have strong opinions on certain matters most involving sneaky underhand politicians and manufacturers. Living here has enhanced my knowledge of food and ingredients and I cook so many things I would never have dreamed I would or could and eaten much that I never dreamed I would…haha
- We started our retirement in Phuket a lovely holiday island opened a restaurant and bar called Sugar Reef that was a hectic and fantastic 5 years. When we decided enough and we wanted a quieter life we upped and moved to the North of Thailand closer to our grandson’s nan and grandad and family also Lily’s mums family…We live quietly grow stuff, rice, bananas, veggies and herbs we have fish, turkeys, chooks and wall to wall sunshine most of the time…
There are so many lovely blogs out there( so I am not) going to nominate any blogs in particular as I know what busy bloggers/ writers some of you are…But if you want to take up the challenge… Please do…
Thank you again, Brigid, for nominating me…XXX
About Carol Taylor:
Enjoying life in The Land Of Smiles I am having so much fun researching, finding new, authentic recipes both Thai and International to share with you. New recipes gleaned from those who I have met on my travels or are just passing through and stopped for a while. I hope you enjoy them.
I love shopping at the local markets, finding fresh, natural ingredients, new strange fruits and vegetable ones I have never seen or cooked with. I am generally the only European person and attract much attention and I love to try what I am offered and when I smile and say Aroy or Saab as it is here in the north I am met with much smiling.
Some of my recipes may not be in line with traditional ingredients and methods of cooking but are recipes I know and have become to love and maybe if you dare to try you will too. You will always get more than just a recipe from me as I love to research and find out what other properties the ingredients I use contain to improve our health and wellbeing.
The environment is also something I am passionate about and there will be more on this on my blog this year
Exciting for me hence the title of my blog, Retired No One Told Me! I am having a wonderful ride and don’t want to get off, so if you wish to follow me on my adventures, then welcome! I hope you enjoy the ride also and if it encourages you to take a step into the unknown or untried, you know you want to…….Then, I will be happy!
More and more of my blogging friends have joined me on MeWe…A social media site which is fairly new and which promises much without the restrictions some other social media sites are choosing to impose on many of us…Join me if you will on mewe.com/i/caroltaylor3
Carol is a contributor to the Phuket Island Writers Anthology: https://www.amazon.com/Phuket-Island-Writers-Anthology-Stories-ebook/dp/B00RU5IYNS
Connect to Carol
Thank you once again for reading this post I hope you all have a great week xx