My Culinary A-Z, Toad in the Hole, Fig Newtons …Music by Earth, Wind and Fire and more …Oh Yes!, so much more!
I cannot believe we are nearly 3 weeks into November and coming up to 3 yrs of covid who would have thunk 2 years ago? It’s also” Stir Up Sunday” today when if you haven’t already it’s time to get together and make those puddings …Have fun and make a wish…
Welcome to my weekly roundup...The Fig Newtons were delicious…thank you to everyone who gave me some pastry tips they were much appreciated…
The week started with my first attempt at making Fig Newtons or Fig Rolls if you hail from the UK…as I type there is one left looking awfully sorry for itself…but I am determined not to eat it…They were very nice but I am sticking to my regime to drop a few pounds before the festive season kicks in…so sample them I did and then drew the line…my testers love them so armed with tips for rolling pastry from my fabulous readers the second batch will soon be made…
Carol Taylor’s Green Kitchen Christmas Special!
A bumper edition of ideas for a sustainable Christmas and some Christmas Recipes I hope you enjoy…It is also Stir Up Sunday today time to make your Christmas Puddings… just click the link for some delicious Christmas Pudding recipes…and don’t forget to make a wish x
Not forgetting of course that it is Sweet Potato Awareness Month and today is National Stuffing Day…Click this link for all your Christmas Stuffing recipes …Sweet Potatoes are one of my favourite vegetables…this recipe is easy to make and a favourite with even the family members who say they don’t like sweet potatoes…Bacon changes most peoples minds…smile…
Spicy sweet potato balls with cream cheese and bacon.
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 2 spring onions finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic finely chopped or grated
• 1-2 tsp red curry paste
• 3 rashers of bacon cooked until crispy
• Cream cheese
• Breadcrumbs to coat
• Oil to cook
- Wash and cook the sweet potatoes in the oven until soft…
- When cooked allow to call a little and then remove the skins and mash with a little oil or butter then add the garlic, spring onions and red curry paste.
- Combine well and season to taste.
- Chop your cooked bacon and add to the cream cheese.
- Take a good spoonful of the sweet potato mix form into a ball and make an indent then push the cream cheese and bacon into the whole and then make it into a ball again. Repeat until all your potato is used.
- Roll the balls into some breadcrumbs you may need to use some milk or egg to get them to stick.
- Heat your oil and cook in batches just be careful as sweet potatoes have a tendency to brown quicker than ordinary potatoes.
- Serve as a starter or snack with a sweet chilli sauce …Enjoy!
Next, it was The Culinary Alphabet with the middle letter of S…The Letter S is quite easy I have left some for Pete and Chel…Have fun guys Looking forward to what you come up with …You will have to read the post and the comments to see what Chel and Pete came up with they did good!
Over the last six weeks, Sally has shared the nutrients we need to be healthy and their main food sources. You just need to cut and paste it into word and print it off…How easy is that? #recommended read.
First a reminder of the basic nutrients we need for energy and healthy functioning systems and organs and the main food sources.
- Vitamins and anti-oxidants – A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 (Folate) B12, C, D, E, K,
- Minerals – Calcium, chloride, chromium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, zinc.
- Amino Acids –
- Essential Fatty Acids –
- Bioflavonoids –V
- Very strong anti-oxidants.
To read the full original post please click the link below…
CarolCooks2 in my kitchen…”Toad in the Hole”
A recipe learnt from my mum…Toad in the Hole…
We British have a way with words and we have a few strange sounding names for some of our food dishes…take ‘Spotted Dick”, a “One-eyed Sandwich” ‘Stargazy Pie”, ‘Pigs in Blankets” or “Bubble and Squeak”….all foods of my childhood…
Welcome back to Saturday Snippets..where I indulge my whimsy and have a play with one word prompts…My muse has answered me and this week my word is…Earth!…
Saturday Snippets are often written on the fly…very rarely planned unless someone has given me a prompt word… in the last 4 weeks, they have followed a sort of theme…Soap, Water, Fire, Wind…and now ” Earth” to complete the trio and with none other than some great tracks from Earth, Wind and Fire!
This brings me to one of my favourite bands of all time…I have listened danced to them over the years…Please click the link below to listen to the wonderful Earth, Wind and Fire!
Thank you for joining me today I hope you have enjoyed the catchup…I look forward to your comments as always…Have an enjoyable Sunday and if you are stirring those Christmas Puddings make a wish…
See you tomorrow XX