Welcome to my kitchen…Today it’s time for another Chicken Recipe …Multi coloured chicken breast…chicken breast with slices of red onion, sliced bell pepper, courgette and mozzarella cheese.
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 courgette, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced into half-moons
• 2 medium tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced into half-moons
• 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced…although any colour will do whatever you have in your chiller.
• 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• Freshly ground black pepper and salt
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella
• Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Make slits in each chicken breast, be careful not to cut through the breast completely, and stuff with courgette, tomatoes, bell peppers, and red onion.
- Drizzle with oil and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside, 25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Serve with potatoes of your choice and salad or steamed vegetables.
I really liked the chicken breast cooked this way…it was lovely and moist and I cheated a little as I was also making chicken Kiev at the same time therefore I cooked it in the same pan as the chicken Kiev so it was a little garlicky as well…I couldn’t eat the whole breast so everyone got a little taste and declared it a winner and could they have it next time…it is now a family favourite…
I served mine with saute potatoes cooked in garlic (of course) and some rosemary sprigs.
This is a lovely way to cook a chicken breast you can make it just for one person or for 10 people just adjust the veggies and the cheese you could slice mushrooms even add some crispy bacon or ham it is a very versatile way to cook a tasty chicken breast….add some garlic slices…some pineapple or apple…the choices are endless…Just enjoy!
Thank you for joining me today as always I look forward to your comments…See you tomorrow for my A-Z of World Cuisine…x