- 16 ounces of Linguine or pasta of your choice.
- 1 kilo of chicken meat, breast or thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- A can of marinated Artichoke hearts drained and chopped.
- Med red onion, chopped.
- 1 large tomato, chopped.
- A half-cup of feta cheese, crumbled.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 2tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 tbsp of capers(optional)
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley and a little extra for garnish.
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed.
- 2tsp oregano
- Salt and Pepper to season.
- Lemon wedges to serve.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al-dente. About 8 mins.
Heat oil in a pan, add onion and garlic and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
Stir in chicken and then cook for 5-6 mins until juices run clear and chicken is cooked, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat, add artichoke hearts, feta, tomato, parsley, oregano and lemon juice, warm through and then add pasta and capers if using and stir gently to combine. Remove from heat and check to season and add salt and pepper as needed to taste.
Garnish with lemon wedges and a little parsley.
Sometimes I use basil(instead of parsley) and a few olives for a change…if I have some small amounts of veggies that need to be used then in they go that is the beauty of these types of dishes you can make them your own mine are different almost every time I make it…