I think it’s an excellent idea for Staci to hold the “Cookie Exchange”…cookies aren’t my strong point they never seem to look like the picture on the recipe ——-smile…so I’m hoping I can pick up some foolproof cookie recipes…These choc chip cookies are chewy in the middle and as it’s hot here I decided to make some quick ice cream filling but these cookies would also be lovely with a cup of hot chocolate or tea as I know for some of you the weather is freezing and my family in the Uk have snow which was a surprise as its never guaranteed anyway enough of my chatter…Let’s Bake!
- 150g brown sugar
- 150g caster sugar
- 11/3 cups (200g) plain flour
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 170g salted butter, melted, cooled completely
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp tahini paste…I make my own as it’s either unavailable here or mega expensive and it’s so easy and far cheaper to whizz up a batch it takes seconds once the sesame seeds have been toasted.
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 40g crystallised ginger, chopped
- 200g white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180°C. and line 2-3 large baking trays with baking paper.
Stir in the butter, egg, tahini and vanilla to form a dough. Stir in the ginger and chocolate.